To support the UABgrid2 pilot we purchased a few Dell systems that arrived in April: two [Dell 2950s| http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pedge_2950?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied] with dual 3.0Ghz Xeon, 8Gb RAM, and 300Gb SAS disks (Perc5/i-based mirrors), a [Dell 1950|http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pedge_1950?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied] with dual CPUs and some local storage, and an [Dell/EMC 6TB SAN|http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/pvaul_ax150?c=us&cs=RC956904&l=en&s=hied] to connect to the 1950. The 2950's will host various aspects of the UABgrid2 infrastructure including the identity management (VO, CA, and MyProxy) and application support (GridWay, Gridsphere, and other collaborative apps) systems. The 2950s will be hosting VMware-based virtual machines to carry out most of these tasks, with the goal of easing application deployment when conflicting system requirements arise. The 1950 will act as a quasi-NAS device, supporting traditional network shares locally and high-bandwidth file transfers via GridFTP (and potentially other protocols) for UABgrid job management. Together these systems will form the UABgrid infrastructure cluster.
It is my pleasure to announce the first release of myVocs box, an integrated collaboration platform. myVocs box is a virtual machine that delivers the technologies that drive myVocs.org wrapped up in a
self-contained system that's ready for you to enjoy.
Please visit http://myvocs-box.myvocs.org for details on the three simple steps to download, run, and enjoy a collaboration platform of your own.
The technologies in this release of myVocs box include:
* A complete Shibboleth 1.3 identity system (IdP and SP)
* Simple collaboration group setup and management via Sympa
* Flexible resource integration powered by YubNub
I've set up a [wiki for the mlist project|http://webapp.lab.ac.uab.edu/wiki/mlist]. This will be where contributors can easily add to a [glossary of terms|http://webapp.lab.ac.uab.edu/wiki/mlist/index.php/MlistGlossary] and contribute to the [mailing list developer howto|http://webapp.lab.ac.uab.edu/wiki/mlist/index.php/MlistDevHowTo]. Please check out the new pages and let us know what you think.
This is a massive human genome project under way to enable breakthroughs in treating diseases. United Devices announced yesterday that IBM has selected its Grid MP™ software to power the IBM World Community Grid, a volunteer-based distributed computing network for enabling massive-scale, public interest research projects.
The inaugural World Community Grid project, called the Human Proteome Folding Project, will harness the power of grid computing to predict the structure of the 30,000 plus proteins found in the human genome. Currently the structures of only a fraction of these proteins are known.
ogce is now authneticating with the blazerid at the following url:
This works but all the urls in the page load are competing with each other
and causing many trips to the weblogin server. This causes the buttons on
the page not to render properly, the logo not to load, and the other users
iframe to flash. Clicking around the site seems to calm it down, but not
Need to figure out how to get the https request not to comptete with each
other in passing the pubcookie cookies back and forth to the login server.
__Globus Toolkit 2.4 SDK__ and __Client__ bundles have been installed on proc1 and located in /opt/globus-2.4. Commands like grid-proxy init and globusrun seem to be running fine. The globus hello world program runs fine too.
I had also previously installed GPT in proc1 at /opt/gpt. While building I encountered an error which was solved when I unset the environment variable LANG.
the upgrade went over without a hitch and exactly according to the UPGRADING doc instrux. all it is copying over the files from old to new. should have done this a long time ago. next step will be to change the name, but that won't be too hard either.
the ease of this also encourages me to upgrade the rest of the 2.0 lists.
The historical project notes are [here|http://lab.ac.uab.edu/node/view/5].
Made [SPAMTAG tarball|http://lab.ac.uab.edu/~jpr/projects/spamtag/spamtag-baseimage.tar.gz] and [some notes on how to use it|http://lab.ac.uab.edu/book/view/163] available in case it's useful to someone. Current distro is based on SpamAssassin 2.55 so it should be upgraded to the latest.
The site has been upgraded to the 4.4.0 version of Drupal. This was a fairly painless upgrade. This release has lots of nice little improvements that make navigating the site easier. It also promises some updated module support to offer features we've been wanting to see. Keep your eyes open.
This was a fiarly painless upgrade. All content should be as it was before. The biggest problem to deal with were in the most heavily modified area of the the drupal code: the theme. The new xtemplate them was a little bit troublesome to migrate to since we had just hacked away at the old one. Nonetheless, we've got our atlab template in place and should be able to proceed nicely. You shouldn't notice but the some slight visual differences, which stem mainly from my unfamiliarity with CSS (and my unwillingness to change that). ;)